The growing significance of Content Marketing in today’s Digital Marketing world is well known. Every brand is trying hard to leverage their blogs, their entities, to reach out to their customers on a personal level more effectively, by providing them the information they are searching for.
To help you stay ahead in the market, here we provide you a few basic ingredients which would help optimize your blog and in-turn increase the traffic to your site.
1. Title: Getting your blog article viral isn’t rocket science. The first basic requirement is, it must be read by your audience. For which it is of crucial importance to attract their attention at the very first sight. So try to keep a catchy and an unique Title, while keeping the following pointers in mind.
2. Social Sharing Buttons: Social Sharing is an integral part for increasing the reach of blog articles. Social Platforms are a medium which drives huge traffic to your blog, by giving a wide and indefinite exposure to your article.
So make sure you have your Social Sharing buttons in 3 definite regions of your article, at the start, end, and most importantly floating Social Sharing buttons, which follow your reader as they scroll down your article. This makes it feasible for the reader to share it immediately when they find something relevant and wish to spread the word.
3. Categories: Diversification is the strategy behind every Business growth. In such a competitive market, every brand tests and tries different aspects of content on their blog, to understand the exact needs, likes and dislikes of their customers. But while doing so, always make sure to categorize your articles wisely.
Adequate and simple categories must be present in your blog, as when a reader comes to your blog, the first thing he might want to do is go through your categories. So utilize this aspect of your blog and start leveraging its benefits.
4. Optimize Images: Besides Keyword seeding in your article, you can even optimize your images. If your images are properly optimized, they will start showing up in the Google Images Search for a specific query.
Always remember to give a ‘Title’ and an ‘Alt Text’ to each image used in the article, with different set of the same category keywords.
5. On-page SEO: Having an awesome article does not mean it will enjoy a high rank on search engines like, Google or Bing. You’ve got to optimize your on-page SEO, which is a key part of any Website / blog, to get ranked higher than your competitors.
So, remember to consider the following points, in each article you’re going to publish.
6. Interlinking: Once your reader has completely got involved in your article and has been deeply drawn into your concepts, after he finishes the article you certainly don’t want them to simply go away from your blog. Your agenda must be on how to make him stay longer on your blog / Website.
Over here, Interlinking comes in picture. Because of this, you can keep showing some exciting information to your reader, which holds them for a longer time on your site.
You must Interlink at least 4 of your other relevant articles. Amongst which, one must be Interlinked at the end of the article. So as soon as your reader finishes reading your current article you’ve got something better to offer.
You can interlink a single word, a sentence or even the title of the article you’re interlinking to, with the following terms, ‘Related Article’ or ‘See More.’ But remember to use only ‘relevant articles’ as it’s the right SEO practice.
7. Subscription: If a reader has come to your blog and read a few articles, chances are that he might be interested in receiving your future blog articles. Don’t miss out on such a bigopportunity of reaching out to your customers on a personal level.
Include an e-mail Subscription box, wherein your readers can submit their e-mail IDs and subscribe to your blog. This will help you get regular readers for your blog and it also increases the chances of getting it shared.
8. Call To Action (CTA): After your entire article has been read, there lies a golden opportunity. Your readers have learned what you wanted them to see, now the power lies in your hand to make them do what you wish for.
Trigger the reader to Share, Comment or simply Like the article and if your article has touched your reader even the slightest, he would do exactly as you tell him to do.
This in turn will provide your site good Social Signals and improve your blog’s Authority.
In the Digital Age of marketing, to make a mark and on that a strong one, will certainly be challenging, but if you optimize your blog properly it will take your brand to an all new, different and exciting level.
Blogs now hold the key to your brand’s success. Optimize it properly and use it wisely. Share the information which your reader wishes to see, not just what you want them to see.
At the end of the day, ‘Content is King!’
If you found this article interesting, do your bit by sharing it on other social platforms!