Iksula is a leading commerce solutions provider for brands and retailers globally. Led by a team with over four decades of commerce experience, Iksula assists over a dozen billion dollar companies in managing their commerce operations seamlessly, with offices in Mumbai, Indore, San Francisco, New York, Toronto, Singapore and Dubai.We are seeking a Engineering Manager who will be in charge of the general management of the Software Delivery department, with a clear focus on quality and performance of the delivery. Ideally, you have experience running a Software Delivery Practice or an Organization with a solid background in Operations Management, Process Excellence, People Management and Change Management.
First and foremost, we’re looking for someone with:
Focus on continuous improvement. Productivity and Quality being the main Key Performance Indicator for the Software Delivery department, driving improvements through optimized delivery processes, tools, systems, delivery model, and from well-trained team within his department.
Experience in Execution stage, to drive the operations through a strong Risk Management approach to ensure that the agreed models at Proposal stage are respected throughout projects’ lifecycle.
Culture of personal accountability acting as guarantor of the performances and quality of the delivery.
People development (from recruitment to resignation) experience, with an objective to preserve and improve upon the current organization’s open culture, while growing the engineering capabilities directed towards better control or even a reduction of delivery costs without jeopardizing the quality of the delivery.
Passion to Lead by example and generate energy to motivate teams — consistently demonstrate integrity, transparency and accountability in all actions and promote these values in others.
Ability to drive a strong workforce and workload management process, both for Projects’ day-to-day staffing and for overall capacity management, with 12 months forecast horizon.
Some of the things you’ll do:
This leadership role must consistently provide effective, progressive, innovative, collaborative leadership, including but not limited to the following:
Work with the Global Executive Team to define the optimum operating model for Blisstering operations delivery
Technical Delivery: Manage complex technical projects and a team of software engineers. Highly technical, own and influence technical design, and be a hands-on coder. Able to coach and mentor team members, provide frequent and constructive feedback to team
Resource Management – Drive high levels of workforce engagement through effective management; Manage demand forecast and capacity planning process; Recruit, hire and on-board talent to meet capacity plans; Manage utilization, including billable utilization; Plan and manage Partner / Vendor resources
Client Satisfaction – Partner with Sales to set and manage client expectations; Assure quality delivery that meets/exceeds client expectations; Identify and address quality enablement gaps across the value delivery chain; Visit clients and solicit feedback; quarterly service reviews, planning sessions, etc.
Revenue – Maximize realization of bookings to revenue; effectively support Sales in generating new and incremental revenue; consistently achieving revenue goals and while forecasting future needs.
Margin – Manage costs to optimize profitability; effectively raise and manage risks – which can impact costs and margins.
Deliver monthly software delivery related metrics and financial reporting.
Other things we like in a potential candidate:
- Passion for technology and never-ending curiosity about the next bright and shiny thing
- Experience with building and improving processes
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Experience with software development tools like Jira, GIT, Selenium
- Experience with Drupal and / or mobile development would be an advantage
- Customer-focused; leverages domain and technical knowledge to build credibility
- Builds reputation – clients come first – available and responsive
- Self-motivated – driven by business challenges and desire to win
- Strong communicator – conveys information clearly which others value
- Outcome oriented; doesn’t confuse activity/productivity
- Continuous improvement champion – driven to perform again and better every day
- Candid; outspoken and solution-focused about success obstacles
- Highly collaborative – works well with a wide range of colleagues
- Embraces accountability
- Disciplined, yet adaptable to pressing demands