Manager – Lead Gen and Marketing
This is an exciting position with an exciting and rapidly growing company in a rapidly growing market segment, reporting directly to the CEO. We are 1000-people strong with a five year CAGR of 70%. We intend to maintain this pace, even accelerate it if we can for the coming 5 years. If you’re seeking a challenge and are up for this, you’ve come to the right place. You will be exposed to diverse technologies and solutions, and your job is to help find the right customers for these offerings. Our service offerings are backed by cutting technologies which deliver huge efficiency that our competition can’t match yet. Let’s capture the market before the competition wakes up. We ask for much and we give as much back as well to make this journey with us worth your while.
1. A proven history of managing marketing teams targeting medium to large accounts in the US
(primarily) and India for outsourcing solutions.
2. Ability to quickly understand the company’s solution offerings AND our customer’s business
because that is integral to formulating the marketing strategy.
3. Identify market segments, understand the difference total available markets and addressable
4. Identifying events where Iksula should participate, set and manage budgets along with ROI
expectations for marketing spend.
5. Experience generating leads for the US market. Our typical ticket size ranges from $50,000 –
6. Experience building a marketing qualified lead funnel in excess of $10 Million, which can then be
handed over to the sales team to take further.
7. Ability to define a marketing budget for the company (each business unit), allocate the budget
across various initiatives, drive the ROI for these marketing initiatives.
1. Familiarity with ZoomInfo or Data.com; manage team for creating a contact database.
2. Push marketing: Creating a marketing plan with multiple components: email outreach, LinkedIn,
3. Ability to write email and LinkedIn scripts for inside sales team who will be doing email and
phone call reach outs, also personalized reach outs using LinkedIn or email.
4. Creating appropriate keywords lists; writing the copy for Google AdWords.
5. Pull Marketing: Create a sustainable content marketing plan to generate inbound leads: blogs,
email newsletters; establishing thought leadership (work with leaders within and outside the
company to generate fresh content on a regular basis).
6. Identify events and participation levels (attend, sponsor, etc.); plan and budget for each event;
help execute our showing at each event.
7. Possibly working with consultants to implement the content marketing plan.
8. Own the company website; create the messaging and positioning for each business unit, such
that it is consistent with the messages we intend to send out to our target markets.
9. Training and mentoring new recruits on all aspects of their tasks so they too can contribute to
10. A leader who can identify and nurture the right talent, is not afraid to let non-performers go.
1. Articulate communication skills: written and verbal
2. Fire and Forget: Be able to understand what the CEO and Leadership team expect within a few
meetings and then deliver without needing follow up.
3. Similarly, recruit team members you can mentor to build similar traits.
4. Ambitious because the role will grow rapidly
5. Willing and able to punch above weight class
6. Entrepreneurial by nature, should be proactive and wiling to take initiative.
7. Curious about the world, and a quick learner
8. A person of high integrity who is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Plan Campaigns for a given Territory.
2. Work with the sales team to design sales and marketing campaigns.
3. Build credible pipeline of marketing qualified leads.
4. Outbound cold-calling & Email marketing to a defined set of target prospect accounts and
generating a fixed amount of qualified leads each month
5. Plan and execute push and pull marketing initiatives outlined above.
6. Define Support the sales lifecycle starting with lead generation and qualification, , and
successful transition of EACH lead to the appropriate direct sales person.
1. Setting KRAs, KPIs, and regularly monitoring your direct reports. Reporting back weekly to the
leadership team on status and progress.
2. Mentoring and managing a team of inside sales representatives (cold calling, custom email
and/or LinkedIn reach out, templatized email reach out, and so on).
3. Mentoring and managing a team of data research analysts
4. Managing the content marketing budget, possibly by working with consultants.